Prominent Hill Copper Mine Project
EPCM Contracts Lead
The Prominent Hill EPCM Project involved the Engineering, Procurement and Construction Management of a 100,000 TPA copper mine in South Australia’s mid north (130kms east of Coober Pedy). The entire project value was approximately $1.15b and involved the development of an open cut mine, associated infrastructure and processing plant.
In 2006 Oxiana engaged Fluor as the EPCM for the project.
In October 2006 Fluor engaged Andrew Milchem as one of two contract leads. The role involved drafting, tender and award of numerous contracts required to install the necessary infrastructure at the mine for the 1200 man construction phase and 400 man operation phase.
• Construction camp facilities (buildings, site infrastructure, sports & recreation facilities)
• Warehousing & maintenance facilities
• Communications (radio, telephone, data and TV including ICT building and fibre optic)
• Light vehicle servicing
• Water & WWTP (20 borefield pump stations, 100kms of pipeline, desalination unit & WWTP)
• 11kv Reticulation (overhead & underground)
• Construction power (1MW of small diesel generators)
• Specialist consultants