Port Pirie Transformation Project
Nyrstar's Port Pirie Smelter facility is one of the world's largest primary lead smelting facilities and the third largest silver producer.
The $563m+ Port Pirie Transformation Project introduces new technology to make the plant more efficient, flexible and environmentally friendly.
- New Acid Plant
- New Oxygen Plant
- New Enclosed Bath Smelter
- Electrical Cogeneration System
In 2015 Nyrstar engaged the PPTC consortium as Construction Manager for the project.
Andrew Milchem was engaged as Contracts Manager for this landmark project. The role involved management of the contracts team overseeing a range of construction contracts for the project, including:
- Management of accommodation camp and facilities
- Installation of over 700 CFA piles
- Earth and concrete works
- Marine dredging and construction of pump station
- SMP contracts for acid plant and balance of works
- Provision of crane and other services