Kanmantoo Copper Mine Project
The Kanmantoo Copper Mine involved the Engineering, Procurement and Construction Management of an 80,000 TPA copper concentrate mine, located approximately 70km from Adelaide. The entire project value was approximately $100m and involved the reopening of a disused open cut mine and the installation of new infrastructure and processing plant.
In early 2008 Hillgrove Resources engaged Ammjohn as the EPCM for the project.
In March 2008 Hillgrove Resources requested that Andrew Milchem be engaged as the Commercial Manager for the project. The role involved various commercial duties including;
• Finalisation of a contract for the supply of water to the site by the Mount Barker Council
• Finalisation of a contract for the supply of HV power to the site by Electranet
• Negotiations with Flinders Ports for storage and loading of concentrate
• Management of the SAG mill contract including importation and tariff management
• Finalisation of a Target Cost Estimate Contract with the D&C Contractor (Abesque Engineering)
• Contract administration for Abesque’s early design contract works
• Drafting of the Drilling services contract
• Preparation of a suite of purchase order and contracting documents for Hillgrove Resources
• Preparation of reports for the Hillgrove board
• Attendance of meetings with Hillgrove board members
• Specialist consultants
In late 2008 the project work was temporarily suspended due to the disruption experienced in the global financial markets. Hillgrove Resources was subsequently able to resume the work and successfully complete the project in 2011.
In 2012 Andrew Milchem prepared a Contract for the supply & installation of a new larger crusher at the Kanmantoo Mine, which is now installed and operational.